The Friends of Bowie Nature Park is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) tax exempt, non-profit organization which has provided assistance to the Fairview Parks Department. Many efforts have been made to keep the Park consistent with the wishes of our benefactor, Dr. Evangeline Bowie, to have the land maintained as a wildlife sanctuary and public park.
1) Support a Bowie Nature Park "Grand Entrance" on Fairview Boulevard (Highway 100).
2) Additional recreational and educational programming to boost community usage of the Park
3) A blue bird trail (a sequence of blue bird houses) in various parts of the park.
4) Addition of a butterfly garden at the Nature Center.
5) Leadership in fundraising, including grant applications