The Friends of Bowie Nature Park is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) tax exempt, non-profit organization which has provided assistance to the Fairview Parks Department in a wide range of activities. Many efforts have been made to keep the Park consistent with the wishes of our benefactor, Dr. Evangeline Bowie, to have the land maintained as a wildlife sanctuary and public park.
1) Support a Bowie Nature Park "Grand Entrance" on Fairview Boulevard (Highway 100).
2) Additional recreational and educational programming to boost community usage of the Park
3) A blue bird trail (a sequence of blue bird houses) in various parts of the park.
4) Update artwork and signage of the Treehouse playground.
5) Installation of a butterfly garden at the Nature Center.
6) Leadership in fundraising, including grant applications